12 Summertime Activities Only at Shearwater
June 2nd, 2021
Summer is a time of fun and adventure, but having to make all of those plans for the family can put a damper on the season. Residents at Shearwater have it easy with a whole host of amenities at their fingertips, plus even more just minutes away. It’s like being on vacation 24/7 – but even better since you don’t have to pack a suitcase! Here are 12 things that make summer at Shearwater a blast. And these are just the highlights!
- Resort-style pool. Summer isn’t complete without endless swimming. Cool off at your very own pool – it’s close enough for you to ride your bike there
- Lap pool. Prefer to swim with purpose? Shearwater’s lap pool ensures you can swim how you like, without dodging games of Marco Polo.
- Lazy bird river. Shearwater even has its very own lazy river – and it’s the longest one in northeast Florida! Spend the afternoon floating through lush tropical landscapes and all your stress will melt away.
- The Perch water slide. Kids and kids-at-heart will love the thrill of going down a three-story water slide! It’s like having a waterpark in your backyard.
- 15 miles of trails. Take a romantic evening walk with your sweetie, or grab a bug net and magnifying glass to let the kids explore. You never know what you’ll discover on the trails!
- Yoga lawn. Greet the morning with a sun salutation outdoors. Shearwater’s yoga lawn is just the spot to enjoy the outdoors with some rejuvenating exercise.
- Tennis courts. Shearwater has not one, but four Har-Tru® tennis courts for residents to enjoy. Have a game for fun or enjoy some friendly competition and challenge your neighbors to a tournament.
- Sports field. How about some frisbee or soccer? The manicured sports field gives you plenty of space to play games, have a water balloon fight or see who can blow the biggest bubbles.
- Shearwater features a KOMPAN playground, which is specially designed to help young kids develop motor skills. So, head over for some playtime every day!
- Dog park. Your furry family can have a great summer at Shearwater, too! The fenced-in, off-leash dog park features agility equipment so your pup can get in their rounds – or just play with some friends.
- Community garden. Summer is the perfect time to grow vegetables like squash, tomatoes and peppers. The community garden at Shearwater has raised beds residents can rent for even more room to enjoy this growing season!
- Lifestyle programming. With a year-round Lifestyle Director planning events and activities every week, life is never boring at Shearwater! Enjoy food truck nights, craft and cocktail kits, outdoor movies, neighborhood parades and so much more.
Shearwater is a new home community located in St. Augustine, Florida that offers innovative new homes, vacation-worthy amenities and a lifestyle like no other. To learn more about everything this community has to offer, join our Interest List.