Backyard Games to Have a Blast at Shearwater
June 16th, 2021
Nothing screams summer more than a water balloon fight and a slip n’ slide. Whether you have kids or kids-at-heart to entertain this season, all you need are some fun backyard games to have a good time. At Shearwater, homes have roomy yards that are perfect for some fun, or you can take advantage of the amenities around the community. You can even invite the neighbors over for some friendly competition!
Whether you want something challenging or just plain fun, it doesn’t take much to get the whole family screaming with laughter at home. Have the kids help plan some games, or surprise out-of-town guests with an afternoon of challenges and hijinks. Creativity counts! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Even as an adult, a slip n’ slide is a thrilling way to stay cool. Pick one up from the store or make your own with a few materials. Add a sprinkler to the mix and you don’t even have to keep it wet!
- For littles, a water blob is a cool sensory experience. You might even find the adults playing with this one!
- Imagine it: piñatas, but with water balloons. Hang huge water balloons and see how what it takes to make them pop! You can even hide small toys in the balloons for kids.
- Minute-to-win-it style games are always a hit, especially with teens and adults. Here’s a list of easy ones to try!
- Think big. Literally. Giant dominoes or Jenga is something everyone will enjoy!
- Love twister? Take it outdoors by spray painting colorful dots on the grass. Don’t worry – they’ll be gone next time you mow!
Living at Shearwater means you can extend the fun beyond your backyard. Between all of the resort-style amenities, you might not even need to plan anything for at home, because no one will want to leave the pool! But when you want a change of scenery, here are just a few of the things you can do around the community.
- Marco Polo is just the beginning of pool games. Try playing Duck Push, where every player tries to push a rubber duck to the other end of the pool – without their hands!
- The lazy river is good for more than a relaxing float. Have everyone make a small sailboat and race them down the river to see who wins!
- A scavenger hunt or nature bingo is just the ticket to get everyone on the 15 miles of trails around Shearwater. Bonus: this one counts as exercise!
- The manicured playfield offers endless opportunities. Littles will love playing tag, while the grown-ups can play soccer or touch football to see who has the best game!
Getting outside and playing together is part of life at Shearwater. This new home community in St. Augustine, Florida, offers gorgeous new homes with plenty of room for fun, vacation-worthy amenities and a convenient location that can’t be beat. To learn more about everything Shearwater has to offer, join our Interest List.