No events Scheduled
Learn the Best Way to Promote Yourself on Facebook
July 12, 2017
Join us as we welcome renowned speaker, Marcie Roggow. Marcie’s program is about the best way for Realtors to market themselves on Facebook.
Exclusive Realtor Preview of the Woodlands
April 20, 2017
We’re excited to unveil Shearwater’s first gated neighborhood at a special event for real estate agents. Tour two stunning model homes from well-known and trusted builders D.S. Ware Homes and Drees Homes while you unwind with wine, beer, hors d’ oeuvres and live music.
Shearwater Living Certification Event
February 8, 2017
Phong T. Nguyen – Division Manager, Transportation Development, St. Johns County – returns as keynote speaker.
Join the Inaugural Class
January 11, 2017
With keynote speaker Phong T. Nguyen – Division Manager, Transportation Development, St. Johns County
Exclusive Realtor Reception
November 14, 2016
Shearwater, the new master-planned residential community on County Road 210, hosted a unique, industry-specific event for real estate agents featuring Danielle Handy, Chief Planner of the St. Johns County Growth Management Department, as the keynote speaker.
Shearwater organized this event as an opportunity for real estate agents to hear about the new commercial projects and infrastructure impacting the region, and to demonstrate how Shearwater plays a role in the development of the county. Shearwater partners with real estate agents and other local businesses to support responsible growth and change for the betterment of its residents.
Handy spoke to about 150 real estate brokers and offered key insight into the commercial and infrastructure improvements coming to the northwest sector of the county. As the 11th-fasted growing county in the United States, St. Johns County officials are preparing for the area’s pending commercial boom by:
- Supporting commercial development. Handy shared information on Durbin Park, the largest intensive commercial parcel in St. Johns County. The 1,624 acre site, which extends south of Race Track Road and east and west of I-95, will include big box retail, multi-family units, office space and hotel rooms. Owners plan to open the 700,000 sq. ft. retail power center with the completion of SR 9B in early 2018. Another commercial project under review is PUD 2016-08 CR 210 Town Center, which would include retail and office space for general retail stores, big box retailers, movie theaters and professional offices.
- Improving county roads. During her discussion, Handy detailed the transportation capacity improvements taking place across the county. This includes the third and final phase of State Road 9B’s extension and needed road improvements on CR2209 and CR210. The final phase of SR 9B is expected to be completed in early 2018. The Durbin Park project also included roadway improvements to surrounding roadways, including design and construction of East Peyton Parkway and widening of Race Track Road.
“As more families move to St. Johns County, the need for commercial and residential development increases,” said Danielle Handy, Chief Planner, St. Johns County Growth Management Department. “My department’s top priority is to encourage these projects by putting the infrastructure in place to support it.”
Following the Q&A session, agents toured Shearwater’s new, Kayak Club amenity center.
“We are excited about the shopping and retail options coming to St. Johns County,” said Jill Flores, Community Director for Shearwater. Not only will it provide added value and convenience to families moving into Shearwater, but it also creates new jobs and revenue for our local economy.”
- The Vinings development on County Road 210 was depicted as a current development application. What is occurring with this project?
The Vinings PUD was initially approved in 1997 and provided for a mixture of single-family residential development and commercial. In 2015, the PUD was modified through Ordinance 2015-47 to add 25,000 square feet of commercial entitlements to the PUD for a total of 175,000 square feet. Specifically, this Major Modification was intended to allow the construction of a multi-story self-storage facility.
- When does the County anticipate First Coast Expressway to be constructed?
The Florida Department of Transportation has a website providing information about the First Coast Expressway, which can be accessed by visiting the following link: http://firstcoastexpressway.com/.
- What is the square footage difference between Durbin Park and St. Johns Town Center?
Durbin Park includes 2.4 million square feet of retail, 2.8 million square feet of office space, 999 multi-family units, and 350 hotel rooms. According to the St. Johns Town Center PUD (Ordinance 2001-412-E), the PUD includes a total of 2,047,490 square feet of retail, 330,000 square feet of office, 250 hotel rooms, 450 multi-family dwelling units, and 500 movie theater seats. As you can see from the Master Development Plan below, the PUD only covers those areas north of J Turner Butler Boulevard and those areas in close proximity to Gate Parkway and Town Center Parkway (i.e., the office park and multi-family south of J Turner Butler Boulevard and the office park on Deer Lake Drive are not included).
- What commercial development was recently approved in the Murabella area?
Ordinance 2016-49 approved a Major Modification to the Palm Lakes/Marketplace PUD in order to add 33.29 acres to the PUD, add 330,000 square feet of commercial development, and to update phasing. Uses allowed within the Residential-B portion of the development below include Neighborhood Business and Commercial. Uses allowed within the Mixed Use portion of the development include Neighborhood Business and Commercial, General Business and Commercial, and some Commercial Intensive uses such as movie theaters with more than three screens, veterinary offices, car rental facilities, discount centers, home improvement centers, building supply centers, do it yourself centers, but no large scale supercenters whose hours of operations are 24 hours per day.
- What County resources/tools can I utilize to locate information regarding development projects, building permits, land use/zoning information, etc.?
The County has several websites that can be utilized to track down growth management information.